Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act

Surrounded by members of Congress President Barack Obama signs the Lilly Ledbetter Bill with Lilly Ledbetter, at center behind Obama, Thursday, Jan. 29, 2009, in the East Room at the White House in Washington. Others standing from left, are Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., Sen. Olympia Snowe, R-Me., and D.C. Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton. Associated Press © 2009 "Money could not have bought what I have had the last two years since I've been in this fight. I'm still basically the same person, but my life has expanded because I have met so many wonderful, great people. It's sort of shocking when I answer my phone and someone says, Will you please hold for the President-elect?”

~ Lilly Ledbetter, from “Fair Pay Law Strikes A Blow For Equal Pay,” by Nina Totenberg, Morning Edition (1.29.09)